Friday, March 5, 2010

Cabbage Soup ...

Made a big pot of Mary's (Kirkham) cabbage soup and it's pretty tasty. Mr. Husband won't get near cooked cabbage so I use it to warm up for lunches. My 93 year old grandma just moved in with us and the two of us think it is great. Thanks Mary for sharing.
Kendra and I had another work out today. Shan'tel likes to keep us on our toes. As soon as you can make it though 10 she announces that we will be doing 20. Thanks Shan'tel for putting up with us! When my kids ask me where I am going I tell them it's my turn for the torture chamber. They say exercise is addicting, sorry I am not to that leval yet.
It's been five days with no Dr. Pepper. I went to lunch with a couple of friends today. All you can drink soda comes free with the meal... It wasn't easy to say "Water Please!"

4 comments:

  1. Hey I am proud of you that is really hard. My weakness is Diet Dr Pepper, and I have cut way back. I drink all my water and then if I am still wanting the Diet DP I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband won't touch it either. I'm glad it was helpful to you. Thanks for letting me know. I think it was a Weight Watcher recipe originally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lot's of you all are into Dr. Pepper. If you can leave it alone that a great accomplishment. I'm proud of you. I've bought some cabbage to try the cabbage soup also. Sometime this week I'll do that. Have a great 4th week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. from one DP lover/addict to another - WAY TO GO!!!
    I am proud of you, I know first hand what a HUGE feat that is to conquer!! So yay you!!!
    Where was that recipe?? I missed it, sounds perfect for St. Paddy's day this week!!
    Keep up the good work, I still crave it daily!!! I keep waiting for the crave to go away....

    ReplyDelete