Thursday, March 25, 2010

Roasted Asparagus

So I look back and see that each post so far has a food for the title...so I suppose you can see what is always on my mind!
Thought I would share a recipe I found that even my husband and kids will eat!

Roasted Asparagus
1 1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus, trimmed
3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spread asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and roast the asparagus in the upper third of the oven until the spears are tender when pricked with a tip of the knife; about 10 to 12 minutes depending on their thickness. Remove baking sheet from oven.
Immediately place the butter on a corner of the hot baking sheet to melt with tongs, transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Pour melted butter over the asparagus and serve. Serves 6.

I have never used the butter and last time I only had the oven to 400 degrees.
It's really yummy!!! Left overs (if there are any) are good cold on a salad or even as a finger food.

1 comment:

  1. Roasted asparagus is yummy. My husband saw it on the food channel and started fixing it for us. He's the one who cooks at our house. :-)
    It's a nice change from steamed but I still like steamed, too.

    ReplyDelete