Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dr. Pepper

Well it's day two with zero Dr. Pepper. It has been rationed over the last few weeks as the supply in the garage slowly disappeared. I have been told I am weird but I crave it most first thing in the morning. I have never been a milk drinker so the OJ is trying to statisfy the craving. (kind of works!)I did find a new bread that I just love. It makes great toast to go with that OJ. It is from Bountiful Baskets (you can add extra items to your fruit/vegtable basket) and is called 9-grain bread. It is really yummy! Actually tastes too good to be healthy! LOL
Here is the indgredients off the label:
Ingredients:Wheat Flour, Organic Whole Grain Wheat Flour, Water, Honey, Rye Flakes, Barley, Oats, Vital wheat gluten, Cracked Wheat, Corn, Rye, Millet, Flaxseed, Sea Salt, Yeast.
Serving size 1 slice (25g)Servings per container 18
Amount per serving:
Calories 50
Calories from fat 0
Total Fat: 5g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 75mg 3%
Total Carbohydrates 10g 3%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 2g
Protien 5g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1%
Iron 1%
Contains: Wheat. Manufactured where there are tree nuts.

We received swiss chard in our basket this week. I have never before cooked it so it will be a new experience for our family. Had fresh tiny asparagus on Sunday. It was yummy.

1 comment:

  1. That bread sure sounds like something I would like to try. Is there a place to get it if you don't belong to the veggie program? Thanks for posting. It really helps me to read about others participants. Maybe you could tell us more on Friday morning. I need that kind of help. So Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete